Dieter Crumbiegel (*1938) studied art education, painting and ceramics in Kassel. His ceramics teacher was Walter Popp. In 1961, he graduated and in 64 he opened his first workshop in Fulda, where he also held lectures at the pedagogic institute, with the main focus on vessel ceramics. In 1971, Crumbiegel was appointed lecturer for architectural ceramics at Staatliche Fachschule für Keramikgestaltung in Höhr-Grenzhausen. Crumbiegel's works include wall decorations, reliefs, sculptures, vases, and bowls.